My Blog Posts

Secret Love




A poem for my secret love...a close friend.


I love you…..
Not only for what you are
But for what I am
When I am with you.


I love you…..
Not only for what
You have made of yourself
But for what
You are making of me.


I love you…..
For the part of me
That you bring out;
I love you
For putting your hand
Into my heaped-up heart
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can’t help
Dimly seeing there,
And for drawing out
Into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked
Quite far enough to find.


I love you because you…..
Are helping me to make
Of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern
But a temple;
Out of works
Of my everyday
Not a reproach
But a song.


I love you….
Because you have done
More than any creed
Could have done
To make me good,
And more than any fate
Could have done
To make me happy.

You have done it
Without a touch,
Without a word,
Without a sign.
You have done it
By being yourself.
Perhaps that is what
Being a friend means,
After all.






2 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and hoping to follow this blog. Have a backlink, for me to visit your blog too.

OFW: This is My Life and Story Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright ©Fernando Lacica 2014

All Rights Reserved@Fernando Lachica. Theme images by richcano. Powered by Blogger.